Tuesday, April 08, 2008

North County Society of Fine Arts Paint Out

The NCSFA paint out was at San Luis Rey Mission in Oceanside. There were 6 artists there. It was pretty cold when we got there so I didn't feel too much like painting. I did sketches. Most of the artists worked in watercolor and one worked in pen and ink and another in pastel. There was some pretty nice work . . . I wish I would have taken pictures of some of their artwork.


These are some of the artists painting and sketching.

Some people stopped to look at the art.

These are my sketches I scanned when I got home. The paper in this sketchbook is VERY thin. I don't like the sketches.


This is the front of the church. the person standing in front told my friend she couldn't go in unless she paid the museum fee. I think they should let people in the church. It's a church for heaven's sake. (that's a funny play on words) She let some school children in then locked the doors.

3 comments:

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

What a beautiful place to sketch...i think the sketches are great...you probably dont like them because of thin paper....i have a basket from San Luis Rey that my parents bought when i was a baby...I was born in Oceanside...beautiful place ..too bad they took me away before i could remember it!! Thanks for the great pictures!

Linda T said...

I love the sketches, but you don't have to like them if you don't want to. I like the loose way they are drawn, and I like the way you added color here and there. And the "guard" at the church--you captured her!

no way said...

I don't think God would be too happy about people being locked out of His house. tee hee!