Friday, March 28, 2008

Paper Mache Crow

This is the paper mache crow I refer to in my blog entry
sketchbook journal entry 032108
I haven't decided where to put the other eye yet. He is going to have a red and white checkered shirt and he will be wearing overalls. You can barely see them in this picture. I still want to paint the stitching on the overalls to show the waist area and the pockets.

This is the crow before I painted him. He was made from a Tasters choice coffee container and newspaper covered with plaster cloth. I also covered him with paper mache strips before I painted him. I will probably do another one but smoother and better legs.

3 comments:

Alan said...

Did the crow just say..

phone cawwww?

Anonymous said...

That's cool! I've recently become addicted to papier mache, too -- how wild! It is so much fun! Cool paintings, too.

Jennifer Lawson said...

Very cool. What fun a fun thing to do! I wish my neighbors were "papier machers".